Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother Rene

These three are the products of "Mother Rene"
Whenever my mom says, "Katelin Ellen"
in that tone we all know...
I answer back with, "Mother Rene??"
Hence the name
Anywho I absolutely
LOVE MY MOM

And she is amazing.
Of course I am biased but I do think shes the best mom in the world.
I do hope though that everyone thinks that about their mom.
Everyone deserves to be loved and adored like a mother does.
So my mother is no different. :)
Since she has been a mother for 37 years here are 37 reasons why she is the greatest
1. She is my best friend
2. She is histerical...seriously
3. She does the best impressions/voices
4. She is addicted to Sonic
5. She is my biggest cheerleader
6. She is like the energizer bunny...just goes and goes...and only for the benefit of every other person but herself
7. She loves to shop
8. She loves mexican food
9. She has a beautiful singing voice
10. Kids gravitate to her
11. She works miracles with her students (parents of former students of hers are constantly acting as advocates for her to other parents looking for an amazing teacher)
12. All my friends ADORE her
13. She is the best cook
14. When I come home for a visit she makes me my favorite foods
15. She has the kindest heart
16. She is always saying the best way to make yourself feel better, in any situation, is to go do service for someone else.
17. She is in constant physical pain, yet she is always the last person on her mind (I hate this, but what can you do when your mom is all about others)
18. She can still highkick her forehead
19. She was a pommie in highschool and so was I
20. She has a light about her
21. She makes meals for our neighbors when they have babies, tragedies, etc, and she isnt even in relief society :)
22. She is a relief society sister as heart...haha I had to add it mom!
23. She went to my every concert, recital, performance, competition, game, and everything in between
24. She is genuine and loving to everyone
25. She taught and led by example...and still does
26. She still makes my dad's lunches in the morning and hes 56
27. She used to get up early and make me soup every morning in elementary school because I refused to eat sandwiches
28. She is sarcastic
29. Noone, and I mean NOONE, can make her famous cookies like she can
30. She is extremely creative
31. She loves to make crafts
32. She is supportive of my every decision
33. She taught us to be courteous and caring
34. She cannot stand to have an empty wall in our house, haha anyone who has been in our house knows this one is a concrete fact.
35. She pawned her jewelry for diapers when we were little
36. She is a wonderful wife
37. She constantly tells me I am beautiful and special and that I can make a difference and have an influence..although I always say, "you're just biased you have to say that". She tells me she doesnt have to say anything...and you know what, I believe her.
I love you mom, thank you for sacrificing and caring about each one of us. Thank you for giving me the world and beyond. Thank you for being my mother and for loving each of your children even when I know it couldn't have been easy to. Thank you for being a blessing in my life and for being my best friend.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!