Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Bijou Market

So a little while ago Rachel, Natalie, Aleesha, and I ventured to
The Bijou Market.
It's this craft/vintage market held at a beautiful estate in orem each year.
It includes 50 vendors, most of them featured on etsy.
As you can imagine this was a much anticipated event for us for during the weeks leading up, seeing as Nat and I love anything to do with clothes, jewelry, crafts,
hair accesories, and decorations.
Rach had just moved into town so when she came along, with her super cute styled self, she was loving just as much as us! I know leesh had fun too :)
It was so much fun spending time with girls I love and of course finding awesome buys.
Seeing as I'm kindof a shopaholic I had to limit myself...so 2 necklaces it was!
The first:

(I love teal, and the picture doesn't do justice but it has the insides of a clock mounted on the outside. It's very different and neat looking)


The second:

Ok, this is my favorite...and let me tell you why.
The maker of this necklace was so neat!
She was a sweetheart.


I have been looking for a necklace with my initial, but wanted to find one I loved.
I got to the "Ritzy Misfit" table, and BAM I was sold.
The maker's name is Brooke and as she explained to me how she made each pendant and how each one is unique and beautiful in their own way, just like each of us.
She melts lead metal and stamps it with the design and each dry differently.


THEN
Notice anything??
(please ignore the cheesy self portrait)



She tells me how the bachelorette's, Jilian and Ali, have both worn them. Kendra from "The Girls Next Door" too. Well I love the bachelorette, its a guilty pleasure, so that made the whole experience and purchase even more exciting! (yes thats pathetic im aware)
But all in all I couldn't be happier with my purcahse, I wear it all the time. AND Rach got one too, so we decided they could be friendship neckalces :) Haha I love her!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And here's cute Nat shopping away, absolutely loving life