Friday, April 26, 2013

One.


 
Its been one year married to this guy.
(well one year and 13 days)
And I feel proud to say this marriage of mine is my greatest blessing.
 
In one year we have successfully:
                                                      -lived in our first apartment
                                                      -taught sunbeams (Josh's blood pressure will never be the same)
                                                      -gone camping
                                                      -hosted BBQs
                                                      -I went hunting for the first time-poor doves
                                                      -survived Elk scouting/hunting season
                                                      -had many adventures
                                                      -made plenty of goals
                                                      -both changed jobs
                                                      -perused Bass Pro more recently than a mall
                                                      -found a love for garage sales
                                                      -spent lots of time with our families
                                                      -saved to buy our first home...
                                                      -bought our first home
                                                                 Visited:
                                                      -Turks and Caicos
                                                      -countless cabin trips
                                                      -Carlsbad CA
                                                      -Vegas (twice)
                                                      -Disneyland CA
                                                      -NYC
 
 
 
It has been nothing less than an incredibly fun and full of love year.
I can honestly say that.
 
I remember so many days and countless nights where I truly wondered if I would ever find someone to love me the way a husband should...the way a daughter of God deserves.
I honestly doubted ever finding a boy that would love my crazy emotionally-sensitive self.
I have learned it was never that I didn't deserve it, it was that I didnt believe I deserved it.
 
To this day, I still struggle.
I often feel like a failure and hold myself to a very high standard which I almost always never reach.
However,
This husband of mine has taught me
 (although I sill have my moments)
 there is no need to be perfect.
In fact,
its impossible.
And that he loves me so much words cant express.
(no matter what)
 
I remeber a week or two after I was married thinking;
"I have never felt so much like where I am in life-my role at this time-is exactly who I am meant to be and what is going to make me the happiest."
 
Outgoing
Loud
Talkative
Friendly
Social
Teacher
Friend
Daughter
Sister
that is me.
But Josh's wife-that is my favorite title.
 


Love you Mr. Josh Figueroa
So thankful your mine.
Cheers to infinity more years!