Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Garage Sales

So this one time I met a super sweet lady by the name of Linda.
She looooves to go to 'car-port' sales as she calls it.
In other words-garage sales.
 
 
She is lucky.
I mean she finds the most ridiculously amazing things when she goes.
Oh and she bargains like none other.
She is my mother in law...
and has passed down an obsession of 'car-porting' to me.
 
 
Literally guys, I am hooked.
Its the thrill of finding hidden treasures.
Paying 5$ for somthing worth 100$
(yes, I look things up)
and knowing I saved HUGE amounts of money that can go to saving for our family.
 
 
I love it. Plain and simple.
 
 
I thought I would share some of my finds the last few months
just to show you the kind of things you can find.
I will warn, however, once you find something amazing...you will be hooked.
Trust me I was kindof like "ewww ummm" when I first went,
but now I look forward to it every weekend.
 

Coffee table which matches perfectly.
In fabulous condition and came from a huge gorgeous home.
5$


LV
It is like a notebook/ipad/everything holder.
It is perfect and of course fake...but once I looked it up it only has
1 thing that shows its fake...so its a good one.
3$


Beautiful and in fabulous condition.
Solid and heavy.
Ivory-my kind of mirror.
Asking $23.50 (which tells you they must have paid quite a bit)
got it for $10
 

 
Needs a little paint...
but is it not adorable?
$3

 
All for $16
That little tea pot with the copper top-
didn't have one scratch so I looked it up...
alone its worth almost $50
 
 
 Just needed a handle.
$5

 

 Got these two beauties for $5 each.
Looked them up (once again) and were worth almost $100 each.

Our pride and joy of garage sale finds.
Of course my mother in law found it...
im telling you she is lucky!
If you want something found-let me know and Ill have her on the look out.
Im serious.
 
 
Anywho, this was in a beautiful home,of a super nice middle aged couple,
 who had only had it for 6 months.
It was THE perfect fit and THE perfect color.
Guess how much you think they could have sold it for...
 
 
well we got it for $150
 
 
Go out
this saturday
ASAP
im serious
:)