Tuesday, June 5, 2012

04-13-12 ~Ring Ceremony~

 Like I mentioned in an earlier post-
my family was not able to attend our temple ceremony.
It was hard
BUT
we planned to exchange rings at an additional ceremony.
It was in front of all our family
with the traditional bridal party arm in arm
and where my dad could walk me down the aisle.


I had always dreamed of the day my hero of a dad would walk me down the aisle
and him and I were ecstatic for the moment to come.


The sad thing was this handsome guy below was sick.
Poor fellow...
we watched our ceremony again and his commentary wen as follows:
"This is where I was deciding whether to pass out or thow up"
-
"This is where I was sure I was going throw up"
-
"This is right after my grandma and aunt popped me all their tums"
-
you get the picture


But all was OK, I didnt know (good thing), and he felt a little better as the night went on.
The ceremony was wonderful and perfect, just like the one in the temple.


 Dun Dun DunDun...DUN Dun DunDun
Such a special moment for my daddy to walk his very daddys-girl daughter
down the aisle.


 My dad took my hand...put it in Josh's...and said:
"She is my most precious possession and I love her more than anything in the world, all I ask is that you take care of her and love her as much as I do...take care of her, she is your responsibility now"
Granted...I have since learned I will always be my dad's responsibility in his eyes...but he was trying :) and it was one of the sweetest moments in my life.


 The rest of the ceremony went wonderfully like I said.
Josh's uncle, Scott, is a bishop in our church and performed the ceremony.
He spoke the most perfect words
made everyone feel comforted
involved
and said nothing to make anyone feel sadness for not being in the temple.
It was about Josh. Me. Our families. Our marriage.
Nothing else.


Then I was able to say a few words...
I honestly hadn't thought too much about what I would say
until the time came.
I ended up thanking everyone for their support and love.
Then I bore my testimony to my parents about how I would never ever do anything to keep them from my wedding unless I knew what I was doing was right and true. I explained for the millioneth time it was so difficult but I was grateful for their grace and love.
There honestly wasn't a dry eye in the whole place.
I was so grateful then, more than ever, to be surrounded by our family and very close friends.